Friday, October 3, 2008

Could You Forgive Your Child?

We had a scary incident today. We were due to go out for Ash's birthday dinner and Little One was asleep in his carrier on the ottoman so I nipped in to our room to get changed. Ash asked me where Little One was and I told him. He went into the lounge to check on him and informed me that he wasn't in his carrier- he was on the couch.

My three and a half year old had lifted him from his carrier and put him a few feet away on the couch.

He seems fine and alert. We didn't even know it had happened as he didn't cry or anything. It does make me worry though- about what could have happened and about any long term problems such as neck issues if The Boogie didn't support his head.

It also makes me wonder if The Boogie had hurt Little One seriously could I have forgiven him? I hope so!

Could you forgive one of your children if they seriously hurt one of their siblings?

1 comment:

Tonya Staab said...

ooh that's a tough one. I think I'd always seethe deep down inside, I can only hope that I would never lash out in the future and say something spiteful that I am sure to regret.