Friday, March 20, 2009

Wooden Ball Stair Activities

I have had some serious writers block of late but I can feel that Mama mojo returning!

February was a big month for us as I returned to work for six hours a week, Uni started again and The Boogie started kindergarten. My little boy has started Kindy! Little one has three teeth and started to commando crawl at five months. There is just no stopping the little fella now! He is very determined and makes his desires known to all. Just generally though we have been adjusting to life as a family of four!

I have been making an effort to get some baby free time and although I find it tough to leave Little One I know it is good for me. Last night a friend (who is expecting her first babe- so excited!) and I went shopping. We found this great Wooden Ball Stair set at target and both bought one for the others baby. I think it is going to be great for Little One's hand/eye coordination trying to get the balls on the rods, however, I have also thought of some different activities you could use it for.

By taking a few of one colour ball and just one of another colour ball, you could get your child to tell you which one is different and why. The Boogies speech therapist does this activity with pictures but I think it would add an element of interest doing it with the balls.

If you also get some wooden blocks you could have your child sort them into round and square (Credit must be give to Chasing Cheerios for this one- love her blog!).

Can you think of any other ways this Ball Stair could be used?

No comments: